Your December knack box
What's in your box
1. 2 x ceramic baubles (wrapped in oxo-degradable bubble wrap)
2. 6 x marbling paints (black, white, yellow, green, blue, red)
Please note: These paints are flammable so keep them away from heat sources and sparks (you should not smoke around them either). The vapour may cause drowsiness/dizziness so should only be used in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of reach of children.
3. 1 x plastic box
4. 2 x bauble hangers (metal caps + small pieces of 'coat hanger shaped' wire)
5. 2 x lame ribbon
6. 2 x metal wire
7. 1 x bamboo skewer
8. 2 x biodegradable nitrile gloves
Unfortunately the plastic box is not large enough to effectively marble the baubles provided. You will see in the video workshop how you can use your knack cardboard box, with some plastic bags and foil, to do the marbling or you can also use any other large square or rectangular container you have (please note that the marbling paints will stain).
Don't forget to check the bottom of your box to see if you've won a prize!
What you'll need at home
1. Kitchen roll
3. Paper/card (to clean the marbling water and practice marbling!)
4. Tape (preferably masking tape, but any tape will do if you don't have it)
5. White spirit
6. Newspaper or plastic bags to cover your work surface
7. Plastic bag
8. Kitchen foil
You can watch the workshop recording below - if you bought a one off box check your purchase confirmation email for the password!
More About the Workshop
You'll get the best workshop experience using a laptop or tablet, but you can use a phone if need be (don't forget the charger!)
You'll need to place or prop your device on the workspace you'll be using, with enough space to craft in front of it
We love seeing what you make so please share pictures with us of your knack box and creations - in progress and/or finished and tag us @theknackbox on social media if that's your thing.